VCHT has a membership of more than 450 individuals and groups mainly from Vieques and the US mainland who share the vision of the Trust. We encourage members to become active as volunteers at the Trust. Both English and Spanish are spoken.
The Vieques Conservation and Historical Trust is a 501 (c) (3) public charity. It was established in 1984 with the mission to foster, protect and conserve the environmental, archeological and cultural resources of Vieques, Puerto Rico. One of the primary goals is to preserve and study the bioluminescent bays found of the island. The VCHT supports a broad array of educational programs for the community, with a special focus on children, including a scholarship program that currently provides funding for 16 students for higher education.
What your membership means:
- Your membership fees help support essential programs and research in Vieques.
- Your membership support adds to the credibility of the Trust when we are applying for grants or funding from governments and foundations.
- Puerto Mosquito is one of the few remaining pristine bioluminescent bays in the world and your membership helps support its future
- Your membership helps Vieques build a successful economic future based on sound environmental principles
- Your membership helps Viequense young people become well informed stewards of the island
- Members receive information about activities and events by email prior to the general public.
- Free entrance to VCHT. Non-members pay a $2 entrance fee.
- Members may vote at the Annual General Meeting that is held in February of each year.
- Members may serve on committees of the Trust and run for election to the Board of Directors
- Members receive a 10% discount on most merchandise in the Gift Shop
To become a member, please fill out the membership form and return it to the Trust along with your check or credit card information.
Thanks for sharing our vision! Check out our Volunteer Page to see how you can get more involved.